Review: Arrows through Archer by Nash Summers

Arrows Through Archer - Nash Summers

Yeah, I would be happy at such a place too!!! Beautiful.

"I kinda figured. Ace always did seem happiest here in Banff. Wasn’t sure if it was because of the fresh Albertan air or the mountain ranges or the hellish cold in the winter. But now I figure it was because of you.”

This was a story about grief and loneliness. It's about being stuck in your grief and not knowing how to move on.

Archer had to endure a lot. Lost his parents, his brother cast him out of his life. The only person he had in his life was his best friend Danny. Danny was persistent in hawling him out of his misery. He invites him to his hometown Banff for the Thanksgiving holiday. This is were Archer meets Danny's dad Mallory. Mallory has been a widow for years and he's still grieving and lonely.

Being both quiet men, they get along great. Silences between them were never uncomfortable.

When Archer later returns to Banff to recover from a brutal attack, they get to know each other more. But Mallory struggles with their age-gap of 17 years. He's not ready to tell his son.

This is where Archer's POV changed in Mallory's. It was nice seeing the after through Mallory's eyes.

Wonderful to see two men that fit so well together.

I felt that soul-deep connection to him. It was an ethereal sensation of belonging and pride, like his happiness was linked to my own and mine to his.